If you could redo one moment in your life, what would it be and why? How would it change who you are now?
We don’t get re-do’s, and so I never relish in the past. What we can do, though, is believe in our present and work towards our future. We can turn regret into reward by living and learning.
So rather than talk about how I could have better lived my past for today’s writing prompt, I’d much rather dream about how I can improve my tomorrow.
When I think about creating memorable moments in my life, I hope to:
- Travel to another country and experience a different culture. On the same token, travel is so often focused on seeing other countries that we overlook the beauty in our own backyard. I hope to place foot in as many communities as we can on our home turf as well.
- Make a significant difference in someone’s life. Not just volunteering or donating to a cause, but actually being the light in someone’s life when they need it most.
- Raise more children. I have found no greater reward as I have personally experienced in the thrill and beauty of bringing life into this world.
- Get my master’s degree. My bachelor’s degree is not one that typically requires further education, but if not for my career, for myself. Education is empowering, and I never want to stop learning.
- Fall in love with my husband again and again. Sharing my life with my best friend is a gift, and it’s easy to take for granted those relationships that grow most familiar and comfortable to us.
AND: adopt all the dogs, taste all the wine and chocolate, and laugh enough to where it is sufficient exercise.